- Most Popular
- What size Picture Keeper do I need?
- My computer “crashed” how do I restore my pictures?
- Do you have any other products?
- Where can I purchase a Picture Keeper?
- Can I delete pictures off my Picture Keeper?
- How do I view my pictures?
- Copy Picture Keeper photos to another computer?
- I forgot to add my promo code?
- I ordered the wrong product?
- How do I update the software?
- Picture Keeper Basics
- Known Issues
- Using Windows
- Using Mac
- General Questions
- Create your Own
- Mobile App
- Video Keeper
My computer “crashed” how do I restore my pictures?
• Plug in the Picture Keeper and start the software by clicking launchpicturekeeper.exe.
• Click the 'Manage Pictures' icon in the Picture Keeper software or click the 'Options' button then 'View Pictures'.
Manage/View Pictures Icon Options Icon
• On the next Picture Keeper window, click the 'Restore Pictures' icon.
Restore Pictures Icon
• This restore feature will allow you to copy all your pictures to your computer's 'My Pictures' folder from your Picture Keeper. You will see a popup confirming this action and just need to click 'Yes' to confirm the restore.
• Plug in the Picture Keeper and start the software by double-clicking the PK icon on your desktop.
• Start iPhoto.
• Click iPhoto to make it the active screen and then click 'File' at the top of your screen, then, click 'Import to Library' in the drop down.
• In the Import Photos window select the Picture Keeper device in the 'Devices' option on the left side of the window.
• Then select the gray folder called 'Backups' or the folder that is the name of your Mac and double-click to open.
• Select the iPhoto folder and then click the 'Import' button in the bottom right corner to import the photos.