What is the difference between Picture Keeper & Picture Keeper Connect?
Legacy Picture Keeper
Each Picture Keeper is a wonderfully clever pairing of a USB drive and a piece of marvelously well designed proprietary software. The unique software transforms the drive into a dedicated digital image safety deposit box while fully automating its functionality. It makes copying and saving your irreplaceable digital memories a breeze, even for those who know nothing about uploading, downloading, file structures and the like. Yet each Picture Keeper also contains powerful features that can transform it into field storage for a professional photographer just interested in pulling newly created RAW photo files off a laptop after a days shoot. A comprehensive guarantee and a dedicated team back each Picture Keeper should you ever need to have a question answered. Simple security.
Here are the highlights:
- Searches your computer for pictures and identifies duplicates to skip with the push of a button.
- Saves your pictures to the Picture Keeper drive in the exact same file structure as they are saved in on your computer.
- When one drive is full, the next one automatically knows to pick up where the first one left off.
- Skipped duplicates report available to be printed if you would like to locate the duplicates on your computer for deletion.
- Able to view and/or delete pictures after backup complete.
- Drive comes with both Mac and Windows software so you can use it interchangeably.
- Free software updates to include new features for the lifetime of you product
Picture Keeper Connect
Our Picture Keeper Connect is a dual purpose backup device. It has all the same features as our legacy Picture Keeper. Picture Keeper Connect can also be used to make a backup of your photos and videos from your mobile devices.
The PK Connect drive and app are compatible with most modern Apple and Android phones and tablets. Check this list of compatible devices. (Not all devices are listed).
Android (Phones and Tablets):
Must have the Android OS 4.1 or higher
Must have the OTG (On-The-Go) software/hardware. If you are unsure, please contact your Service Provide for this information.
Must have a micro usb port.
Download the free app at Picture Keeper Connect in the Google Play Store.
Apple (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad):
Works on iPhone 5 and above (iOS 6+).
Plugs directly in to the small power port to download the photos.
Download the free app from the App Store.