Picture Keeper Pro 500GB or larger is not recognized or disconnecting
Sometimes even the most durable and trustworthy things might give you a little bit of trouble. If the LED indicator on the Picture Keeper Pro drive is not lighting up or you have experienced any connectivity issues with your 500 GB backup device, the enclosure may need to be reseated.
Are you using a USB hub or mobile device?
Some devices and accessories do not supply the power required by the PK Pro 500GB model. This may cause some of the same symptoms as a failing enclosure. USB hubs Please make sure that your PK Pro is plugged into a USB port directly on the computer, not a multi-port USB hub. Mobile devices, smart TVs, and digital photo frames It should also be noted that the PK Pro 500GB model is not compatible with iPhone, iPad, Android devices, smart TVs, or digital photo frames.
If you are experiencing any combination of these symptoms, your PK Pro may need to be reseated.
- No blue LED light
- LED light flashes, but PK Pro is not recognized by the computer
- Clicking, whirring, or buzzing noises
- PK Pro disconnects (ejects/unmounts) during backup
If your PK Pro 500GB is not being recognized by your computer, please try reseating the drive.
- Turn the Picture Keeper Pro 500GB Drive onto its back and slide the back cover off towards the right.
- Use your right hand and lift up the back end of the metal drive like half an inch and pull the metal drive out towards the right from the enclosure.
- Reseat the drive by re-attaching the drive to the enclosure. Make sure you insert it all the way in to ensure solid connection.
- Slide the back cover back on and plug into your computer.
Once your computer recognizes the PK Pro drive, just double click on launchpicturekeeper (Windows) or picturekeeperformac (Mac) to start the desktop software.
Always update to the latest version if it asks you. Updating will ensure you have all the latest features and functionality.
If your computer still does not recognize the PK Pro 500GB drive, try plugging into another computer to see if it recognizes the drive. Also you can try plugging it into a different USB port to see if the computer recognizes it. Make sure you plug pk directly into the computer and not through an extension or hub.
If you need any additional assistance, please contact Picture Keeper Support.