Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Director of Finance and Accounting
Simplified IT Products is an established Marietta-based company that specializes in product development, distribution, and eCommerce. We are searching for a key individual to support the growth of our Picture Keeper, Pet Photo Saver, Share Your Photos and We Love Fulfillment brands.
What’s Great about Working at Simplified IT Products?
- 401k with employer match
- PTO and paid Holidays
- On-site gym!
- Regular team outings and events
- Team oriented fast paced, fun environment
Simplified IT Products is seeking to fulfill a multi-faceted, hands-on Staff Accountant position, centered on providing accounting and administration support for the company at its headquarters. This person will be responsible for owning all day to day accounting and administrative functions, including daily bookkeeping, AP/AR, reconciliations, financial reporting, as well as supporting manufacturing operations and providing company financial leadership in the Director’s absence.
The ideal candidates will:
- Possess a strong aptitude to work with excellent time management and organizational skills as well as follow up on outstanding issues.
- Maintain a reputation as a self-directed professional with excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Proven effective and articulate communicator who quickly builds and nurtures exceptional working relationships.
- Provides excellent interpersonal skills, thriving both independently and when working within a team environment.
- Resilient to change and responds to challenges with confidence, determination and focus.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all daily accounting operational processes for AR and AP
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing financial data
- Follow up/meet with owner on past due AR and AP
- Support sales, purchasing and work order processing
- Review financial statements individually and with leadership to make necessary changes.
- Monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Develop and maintain daily, weekly, & monthly schedule of reviewing and posting sales from various channels
- Identify operational process inefficiencies and recommend/streamline necessary improvements with Director
- Build and maintain records of Sales and Use tax and VAT tax registrations
- Documenting and maintaining accounting & business processes
- Maintain monthly close timetable to assist in meeting reporting deadlines.
- Manage Local and State Business License renewal, and Resale Certificate maintenance, and similarly related periodic administrative tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while managing shifting priorities.
- Participate and/or manage projects as assigned to meet deadlines.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration REQUIRED
- 2-5 years of Accounting experience (Manufacturing and or eCommerce industry a plus)
- Strong Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles required
- Experience with QuickBooks - Online or Enterprise
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Excel-Pivot tables, v-lookups, Word, Outlook) and internet savvy
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in written and oral communications
Must be able to past background check and drug screening
Standard working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm. The Accountant role will rarely require additional time outside of regular business hours.
No offsite or remote candidates will be considered for this role. Candidates must be able to work onsite in Marietta, GA.
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay Rate: $50,000 to $70,000 depending on experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. No sponsorship available.
- Job Type: Full-time
- This position will be available for Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (term and AD&D), STD, LTD, 401k with 6% match!, 15 days per year Paid Time-Off (PTO) (PTO limitations during Holiday times), Performance Based Bonus Program and Team Building. Benefits begin the first day of the month following 30 days of employment.
Simplified IT Products Values and Culture
At Simplified IT Products we value people, learning, teamwork, collaboration, autonomy, integrity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. These are not just terms to us. They offer direction as we strive to be known for our inclusive culture, business acumen, and growth opportunities that we offer our employees.
It is an exciting time to work at Simplified IT Products. We are a 12 year old brand that currently operates as a startup due to high growth across multiple channels. We are looking for talent that shares our passion, drive and innovative spirit for marketing our products. We operate in an ultra fast paced environment that rewards high performing individuals who are able to work autonomously.
Simplified IT Products is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes to email@example.com