There’s a Problem with My Drive - Windows Popup
If you see this popup, DO NOT scan your drive. Scanning your drive could negatively affect your backups.
If you're trying to use your Picture Keeper with a Windows computer, and get the popup shown above, you have not unmounted your drive correctly from your Android phone.
- Unplug your Picture Keeper from your computer.
- Plug Picture Keeper back into your Android phone.
- Swipe down from the top of your Android to open the notifications menu and locate “USB Drive.” Then tap on the down arrow to expand the options.
4. Tap on the “Unmount” or “Eject” option on your phone.
The button may say "Eject" or "Unmount."
5. Wait until the Notification disappears from the drop-down menu or you see the “PKBACKUP unmounted” message.
6. You can now remove your drive from your phone and can use your Picture Keeper to backup your Windows computer.
Please note: Some Android phones require that you unmount USB drives, like Picture Keeper, every time you remove it from your phone.
If your Android does not give you the option to Unmount from the Notifications menu, you can Unmount your drive from your phone’s settings.
1. Navigate to the Settings menu on your phone.
2. Tap “Storage.”
3. Now you can see the name “PKBACKUP” in the Portable storage section.
4. Tap the “Eject” or “Unmount” icon next to “PKBACKUP."
5. Wait until the drive has been successfully ejected, then you can remove your drive from your phone and can use your Picture Keeper to backup your Windows computer.
If you need any additional assistance, please contact Picture Keeper Support.